Learn how the law protects you in the workplace. These Women Employed fact sheets provide practical information on a variety of workplace rights.
Employment Rights under Federal Law
An overview of federal laws protecting your rights when you're on the job, interviewing, or leaving a job, plus information on where you can go for help.
Employment Rights under Illinois Law
An overview of Illinois laws.
Facts About the Family and Medical Leave Act
An overview of the provisions of this federal law permitting unpaid leave from work to care for family members and information to help you determine if you are eligible.
Pregnancy Rights on the Job
Explains the laws related to being pregnant on the job and provides tips to prepare for your maternity leave.
Sexual Harassment and Your Rights on the Job
Explains what sexual harassment is, how it is defined by law, and what you can do if you are sexually harassed.
Filing an Employment Discrimination Charge with the EEOC
A step-by-step guide on what to expect when filing.
Filing an Employment Discrimination Charge with the EEOC in Chicago
A step-by-step guide on what to expect when filing at the Chicago District Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I was just laid off from my company and given a severance agreement. What is it and do I have to sign it?
- I think I have been discriminated against. Should I hire an attorney?
- How do I respond to a potentially discriminatory question?
- I have just been fired. What should I do?
- What are my rights when I’ve been fired?